Congratulations you’re engaged! Now let’s start with step one:
Create a budget, who is paying for what? This helps as you go through each part of the planning and in deciding what the most important aspects of the wedding are.
Consider hiring a wedding coordinator, I don’t just say this because I plan weddings but because there are things as wedding coordinators we think of everything and take the stress out of planning.
- Decide on the Officiant, this can determine if it’s an indoor or outdoor wedding as well.
- Book and place deposits on the wedding and reception locations
- Choose your wedding party, bridesmaids, groomsmen, flower girl, and ring bearer
- Start shopping! Wedding dress, Tux and bridesmaids dresses
- Send out save the date cards
- Start meeting with vendors like florists, photographers, caterers to discuss your budget
- Create guest list
- Start discussing honeymoon arrangements
- Consider buying a wedding planner and developing record-keeping system
- Order wedding dress, bridesmaid dresses and accessories
- Plan music for the wedding and reception
- Register for wedding gifts
- Order invitations and announcements
- Choose a wedding cake flavor and design
- Meet with the caterer and create the menu
- Pick out and order wedding rings
Complete the guest list and mail the invitations
Plan rehearsal dinner
Check state/county marriage license requirements
Create timeline for the wedding and reception
Make lodging arrangements for out-of-town guests
Purchase gifts for attendants and groom
Plan reception seating chat
It’s the Wedding Day…
Now that the wedding day has arrived and all the planning is completed, relax and let the wedding
coordinator you hired do the rest and don’t forget to live happily ever after.
Events to Renumber
121 E. Front Street, Suite 102-B
Traverse City, MI 49684